Brisbane property separation settlements
If you have reached agreement on the division of property and responsibility for the mortgage, contact us so we can complete the transfer of the house and formalise the division of property.
Tips for simple separation and property settlement:
- Avoid court proceeding from holding up your future
- Avoid using and paying for two solicitors.
- Reach agreement on property settlement.
- Formalise property settlement so you can move forward with your life.
- Focus on moving on with your life and the future freedom.
- Save $1000s on stamp duty.
- Engage Horrocks Solicitors for our low fixed fee property transfer and avoid complications.
Choose from these low fixed fee services:
Property Transfer $880.00
Transferring your property at the time of separation from both parties to one can be difficult and cost you stamp duty.For this low fixed price, we will navigate the way.
Binding Financial Agreement $880.00
The agreement for the financial settlement at the end of a relationship is the key means of reducing the cost of your property transfer and essential for beginning your fresh start.
At Horrocks Solicitors we understand that people seek simplicity in the difficult matters of separation. It is not an easy time. If agreement can be made about property and financial division, then this opens the way for your new life.
Avoid the costly alternatives to simple settlements
The alternative can be expensive and emotional, so we are here to assist you to avoid the pitfalls including legal costs and emotionally draining litigation.
“Thank you John for simplifying our settlement and preparing the paperwork for our financial agreement. With no alternative than going our separate ways, it was important for me to find the most cost effective way.”
“Since Michael left, I have been left to do the paperwork, and you have made is much easier. Horrocks Solicitors guided the property transfer and agreement for me nicely.”
Peter, Kelvin Grove.
“I am happy to supply couples the simplest and cheapest means of settling property matters during separation. There are a number of pitfalls that create unnecessary trouble and expense, which I can help you avoid.”
The end after 5 years
Phillip and Jennifer are going their own way after 5 years of marriage. They have been living apart for 2 years. They have a $550,000 house with a mortgage of $350,000, 2 cars, average savings and superannuation. They have come up with a settlement and Philip is ready to take over the mortgage and full ownership of the house.
The next step is the legal paperwork:
In this instance Horrocks Solicitors will
- Prepare a binding financial agreement
- Transfer the property into Philip’s name in such a way that Stamp Duty is nil.
- The process completed will provide the documented legal support for Philip and Jennifer to get on with their lives without concern of later aggravations.